Sunday 3 March 2013

Evaluation Figure

Choosing three different artists to research was quite challenging. I researched different artists and their work on the Internet through Google searches. Some research was also gathered from a book. Primary research includes first hand informant: my own photographs, experiments that I have done and historical documents. Secondary research is second hand information, work that has been produced by someone else. This information can be found in newspaper or magazine articles. Primary research is better because  it is work that I have produced. Secondary research has given me a idea about the techniques and styles of established artists. Research enables me to develop  ideas before I produce my own work. Secondary, artist research, has taught me to appreciate, line, colour and tone. I have tried to build and improve those skills in my own work. By experimenting with different media like; Indian Ink to try it with the tone I just used thicker and thinner lines for my shading. water colour pencils and fine liner, by the way of mixing them together to see how it would turn out.  Most of the art work that I have explored can be found on reliable internet sites. Some art work can also be found in major galleries and have been published in books.

In Photography I used the formal elements to compose my photographs. When I was composing my photos I thought of the camera angles also how the light is responding to the image. The brief told us that we had to create a 6 frame story using photography. I decided to produce a basketball story where someone shoots a basket,  in black and white. We used a film Camera and changed the aperture so it w created depth.  We processed the film in the darkroom using different chemicals (developer, stop and fix and then we took them out and cut them up into strips of 6.  I developed my images  and I mounted them in a row of six.

For the Painting task I used Indian Ink for the tone, but i tried using pen in a certain bit but I messed it up but it did not work out as I had planned. I also used acrylic paint to try and make a skin type painting but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped that is why I did one in different shades of purple and yellows. My Favourite one was my Darth Maul one where I used the red water colour for the skin, yellow and orange water colours for the eyes and a black fine liner for the face paint.

For the Wire sculpture I used wire, spot welders,  pliers and wire cutters the brief said we had to make a portrait out of wire.  I tried different techniques, but the one what really helped me was having a drawing of a portrait of me. I bend the wire around that the drawing. For the hair I made it like a basketball lines, one of the interesting parts is the fact that the nose and mouth has no line going through the middle. I would not try and change it.

For Printmaking I used a plastic cover and and etched with a etching tool, over a portrait of me and started to scratch, into the surface of the perspective cover. After I finished etching my portrait, I got some oil paints and slapped it on so that the paint went into the cracks.  I then wiped the surplus paint from the surface while pressing paint into the scratched part of the surface.



No comments:

Post a Comment