Sunday 17 March 2013

Alexander Calder


Alexander Calder, internationally famous by his mid-3rd, is renowned for developing a new idiom in modern art-the mobile.  His works in this mode, from miniature to monumental, are called mobiles (suspended moving sculptures), standing mobiles and stables. Calder's abstract works are characteristically direct, spare, buoyant, colorful and finely crafted. He made ingenious, frequently witty, use of natural and man made materials, including wire, sheet metal  wood and bronze.
Calder published his book in 1925, Animal sketches , drawn in brush and ink. He produced oil paintings of city scenes, in a loose and easy style. In the early 1926, he began ton carve primitiveness figures in usual woods, which remained an important medium in his work until 1930.



I like this because it reminds me of my own wire sculpture but less detailed. if i was the person I would of tried to make it more 3D. The lips are huge what makes me smile.








This one is okay I don't like this that much. Too me it feels like it is unfinished. If the person put more detail into it I properly like it.





No comments:

Post a Comment