Friday 7 March 2014

Meetings and connections evaluation

For Meetings and connections

I developed a Family tree based on the maternal side of my family.  Then I did portraits of family members such as my Grandmother, Mother and Cousins. I did drawings based on photographs then with my Grandmother I used different media such as fine liner and charcoal to develop the work.

I also did a portrait of my Mother and also made a mixed media piece, using tea and coffee to express how old she is.

I did some research on Lino print artists and artist's research on Andrew Hunt, Francis Spalding and Nick Waplington, this research gave me some ideas of how to develop work.  I find Nick Waplington's use of fixtures and fittings, in a domestic background, interesting and Jim Spencer's technique of carving in different directions to create his work.

Using my original family portraits I produced Lino prints, which I liked so much that I decided to make some Dry-Point prints.

I feel that some of my pencil drawings did not turn out the way that I wanted them to. The end result was that I lost confidence in my drawing ability. Because they are family members, who are special to me, I felt under pressure to produce a good likeness of them.

My audience is formed arounds families and in this case it was my family, but I can't say if they enjoyed my work because, my family would be afraid of upsetting me or lowering my confidence.

Because of the amount of work I have done in my book, I am going to carry on in the same book and try and make my new project link into this work.


No comments:

Post a Comment